There are a wide range of services available to victims of sexual assault on and off campus.
On Campus Resources
Health & Counseling Center (Confidential)
The Health & Counseling Center provides confidential counseling and medical services to students who are survivors of sexual assault, may provide referrals to community resources, and can assist students in notifying proper authorities if desired.
University Health & Counseling Center
118 W. T. Weaver Boulevard
Asheville, NC 28804
Students can access immediate after hours help for concerns associated with sexual assault, anxiety, depression, panic, suicidal thoughts or self-harm behaviors, concern for a friend, medical consultation and community resources.
Hotline number 1-888-267-3675 Monday – Friday 5:00 PM to 8:00 AM and Saturday and Sunday 24 hours.
Whether or not a student or employee reports to law enforcement and/or pursues any formal action, if they report an incident of sexual violence, UNC Asheville is committed to providing them a safe learning or working environment. Upon request UNC Asheville will make any reasonably available change to a victims academic, living, transportation, and or working situation. To request accommodations contact one of the following offices:
- University Title IX Coordinator, Jill Moffitt: 828.232.5658 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- UNC Asheville Human Resources, (for employees): 828.251.6605
If you have questions concerning a leave of absence or withdrawal, you may contact the Office of Financial Aid. They are located on the 2nd Floor of Brown Hall and can be reached at 828.251.6535 or email@example.com.
Off Campus Resources
- Our VOICE (Confidential) or text VOICE to 85511
- Helpmate (Confidential)
- Buncombe County Family Justice Center
- Mission Hospital
- North Carolina Victims Assistance Network
- Rape Victim Assistance Program
Off Campus Law Enforcement
Asheville Police Department
- Asheville Police Dispatch: 828.252.1110
- Asheville Police Investigations Division: 828.259.5910
- Asheville Police Victims Services: 828.259.5912
Buncombe County Sheriff’s Office
- Buncombe County Sheriff Dispatch: 828.250.4503
- Buncombe County Sheriff Investigations Unit: 828.250.4436
- Buncombe County Sheriff Victims Services: 828.250.4442
- Buncombe County District Attorney’s Office: 828.259.3400