There are a wide range of services available to victims of sexual assault on and off campus.
On Campus Resources
Health & Counseling Center (Confidential)
The Health & Counseling Center provides confidential counseling and medical services to students who are survivors of sexual assault, may provide referrals to community resources, and can assist students in notifying proper authorities if desired.
University Health & Counseling Center
118 W. T. Weaver Boulevard
Asheville, NC 28804
Students can access immediate after hours help for concerns associated with sexual assault, anxiety, depression, panic, suicidal thoughts or self-harm behaviors, concern for a friend, medical consultation and community resources.
Hotline number 1-888-267-3675 Monday - Friday 5:00 PM to 8:00 AM and Saturday and Sunday 24 hours.
Whether or not a student or employee reports to law enforcement and/or pursues any formal action, if they report an incident of sexual violence, UNC Asheville is committed to providing them a safe learning or working environment. Upon request UNC Asheville will make any reasonably available change to a victims academic, living, transportation, and or working situation. To request accommodations contact one of the following offices:
- University Title IX Administrator, Jill Moffitt: 828.232.5658 or email@example.com
- UNC Asheville Human Resources, Kim Fischer (for employees): 828.251.6605
If you have questions concerning a leave of absence or withdrawal, you may contact the Office of Financial Aid. They are located on the 2nd Floor of Brown Hall and can be reached at 828.251.6535 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hyannis House provides resources and a safe space for students who are affected by sexual violence. Hyannis House will provide resources, sexual assault education and prevention, as well as programming that promotes education and awareness on LGBTQ and women’s issues.
Location: 24 Hyannis Drive (near UNC Asheville campus)
Sexual Assault Response Team (SART)
The Sexual Assault Response Team also known as SART is a coalition of agencies that serve sexual assault victims on campus and in the community. Core membership for SART includes the Title IX Office, victim advocates, law enforcement officers, forensic medical examiners, forensic scientists, and prosecutors. We have a campus SART and a Buncome County SART to address the needs of students impacted by Sexual Vuolence both on and off campus.
Off Campus Resources
- Our VOICE (Confidential) or text VOICE to 85511
- Helpmate (Confidential)
- Buncombe County Family Justice Center
- Mission Hospital
- North Carolina Victims Assistance Network
- Rape Victim Assistance Program
Off Campus Law Enforcement
Asheville Police Department
- Asheville Police Dispatch: 828.252.1110
- Asheville Police Investigations Division: 828.259.5910
- Asheville Police Victims Services: 828.259.5912
Buncombe County Sheriff's Office
- Buncombe County Sheriff Dispatch: 828.250.4503
- Buncombe County Sheriff Investigations Unit: 828.250.4436
- Buncombe County Sheriff Victims Services: 828.250.4442
- Buncombe County District Attorney's Office: 828.259.3400