UNC Asheville strives to provide all students, faculty, staff, visitors and guests of the campus community a safe and supportive environment to learn, study, teach, and work. Our ongoing educational programs provide training to members of the campus community in how to effectively prevent and respond to reports of discrimination, sexual misconduct, and violence.
HAVEN for Faculty and Staff- Access this interactive online educational tool today!
- Nuts and Bolts - Responsible Employee Section for all new staff of the university
- New Faculty Orientation - Center for Teaching and Learning
If you wish to have a session delivered to your department or class, please call the Title IX Office as these programs are scheduled on requested basis.
Know Your IX - Title IX and Higher Education Today
UNC Asheville provides ongoing training for faculty and staff on issues relating to Title IX. Training sessions cover the following topics:
- Academic Freedom
- Trigger Warnings
- Transgender Issues
- Classroom Civility
- Employee Responsibilities
- Pregnant & Parenting Students
- Go to: HAVEN and click Register
- Under Student/Learner, enter the Registration Code: 020f5c6a
- Click “Next” to create your Account
Note: When prompted, please enter your 9 digit employee ID to receive credit for completion. You can look-up your Employee ID on your One Card.
- Complete Part 1 of Haven for Faculty and Staff by March 11, 2017.
- After 30 days you will receive an invitation to complete Part 2 of Haven for Faculty and Staff which must be completed by May 6, 2017.